Friday, August 6, 2010

Discipleship

I keep remembering and finding things, and the latest is something I wrote in response to the things we were learning about discipleship on the Campus Crusade (soon to be Crossroads) Spring Break trip to Gatlinburg, TN.

Specifically, we were reading 2 Timothy and being taught on it, and during some quite time this poem was my reaction to it and to Greg Ashworth's (one of the Cru. staff guys) call to "multiply to make God known." This meant that we, as Tech students, should realize the geometric series of discipleship, if each disciple disciples to or three more, the number reached grows exponentially. (no, not "only at Tech")

Well, here it is, and, as always, please tell me what I've got wrong :-)


3/22/10

God, may it be You, not music, that moves me
Your love that, coming out of me, proves me to be Yours
Your grace that overflows, Your heart that shows
me direction, that gives me wisdom, power to direct.
Make me a disciple of You and Yours, make me disciple,
lead others to the One my heart adores.

Father, Brother, Breath of Life, animate my soul today.
King, Sacrifice, Wisdom, be my Command, Example, Guide.

Sufficiency I have in You, sufficiency to overflow!
Lead me where You want me, where Your work is for me,
Grow me and prepare me, heal and repair me
That I, Your child, by grace alone
Would multiply to make You known.

No comments:

Post a Comment