Thursday, December 16, 2010

Finals Poetry #3

Just finished writing this, it is about how I felt this afternoon before I took my ECE6604 final: amazingly content. I probably didn't do well on the final, but I did it to the best of my ability, and I did invent some interesting ways to get wrong answers :)
(12/16 2:32am)



"Finals #3"

Awake, alive, when I didn't think I would be,
Joyful, content, when I didn't think I could be:
Tempted to fear, but the Tempter's lost his power,
How is my mind so clear in this troubled hour?

Why, how, is the world so open and clear?
How, in this same world, does my mind not steer
Me toward the many useless things, ways of waste,
The million evidences that my hopes are misplaced?

Instead: life! And diving into the abyss, I am free.
For now, ready, I jump, knowing this place is for me:
I know this is my fight, trial my Father has designed
And through it, and thousand others, I will be sanctified, refined.

Praise God! And let all that's final come!
Show how short, fleeting my worries are, how dumb
I was to seek in my power to defeat them,
How in my own will, my failures, I will repeat them.

Not my power, my will, but Thine!
Strengthen my hands! Then toss me the line:
Draw me out of this damp, dark chasm of mine,
Not one of trial, but of ignoring the Divine.

And here You come upon the clouds,
God, to clear the smog from my forsaken sky!
Your light blazes! A billion trumpets, loud,
You come, even now, and I can't answer why.

2 comments:

  1. Your poem is a very hopeful, upbeat word in the middle of all of the craziness I'm sure you went through last week. It's crazy how God provides peace in the most unexpected situations. Thanks for writing it down- it's what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went back to edit this... and noticed that the word "wham" was randomly misplaced in the 2nd stanza... interesting... I'll change it here now.

    ReplyDelete